|Appears in|| Pikmin 2|
|Scientific name||Trilobitins reclusiva|
|Areas|| Valley of Repose|
|Underground areas|| Snagret Hole|
Cavern of Chaos
Hole of Heroes
|Challenge Mode levels||None|
|2-Player and Bingo Battle levels||None|
|Attacks|| Eats Pikmin|
Cloaking Burrow-nits can be easily mistaken for treasure by early players. Bright colors and excellent camouflaging help keep its disguise.
"The snake-eye pattern on this beast's shell is one of the most distinctive features of the burrow-nit family. The red pattern of the cloaking burrow-nit and the spikes around its mantle make it easily identifiable while still making it a representative specimen of the burrow-nit family. The shell on the cloaking burrow-nit's back also provides a frame that fixes its muscular structure in place, and appears to give the creature its powerful needle-launching attack."
"Boil in the shell with a pinch of salt until bright red, and serve piping hot with tartar sauce."
Nintendo Player's Guide
"The vulnerable area of a Cloaking Burrow-nit is very close to its most dangerous parts: it's mouth and tentaclelike tongue. A Burrow-nit spends most of its time partially buried in the ground. When your troops get close, it will attack. Toss Pikmin at its head and try to defeat it before it before can eat a sprout."
This creature isn't seen often, and it is not very dangerous, as it can only kill one Pikmin at a time. Even if it manages to impale a Pikmin, the Burrow-nit will take some time to fully ingest it, making it vunerable to attack. The best way to defeat a Burrow-nit is to swarm its weak spot, which is its face, just as it emerges or throw Purple Pikmin onto its back (they will eventually crawl towards the face for maximum damage). Purples also work well for stunning the creature, making it an even easier kill with all other Pikmin. The Cloaking Burrow-nit should not be any trouble to defeat.
- The Cloaking Burrow-nit's scientific name, Trilobitins reclusiva, could translate to "Reclusive Trilobite," which is fitting for its tendency to burrow underground and it's hard shell.
- They are one of the four creatures that can eat bridges, along with Shearwigs, Male Sheargrubs, and Female Sheargrubs.
- A Cloaking Burrow-nit appears in the background of the Distant Planet stage on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but has no trophy or other mention in the game.
- When a Pikmin is pierced by the Cloaking Burrow-nit, liquid of the corresponding color of Pikmin will spray out of it, this is kid-friendly carrot blood
- Looking through the internal files of Pikmin 2 reveals that the internal code name for the Cloaking Burrow-nit is "Armor".